Clean the Oven Pie
Author: Kate McDermott-Art of the Pie
Recipe type: Pie
- 1 Recipe for Double or Single Pie Dough
- 1 Recipe for Fruit Filling
- Make your favorite pie filling with juicy frozen or fresh fruit (berries, pie cherries, rhubarb, etc.).
- Mound it really high.
- Cover with top crust and cut vents or make a lattice crust.
- Bake in oven.
- You will know when it is nearly done when you start to smell burning filling.
- Open oven to release smoke.
- Fan smoke away from smoke alarm that is now going off. (Opening windows at this time is good too.)
- Remove pie from oven when it has bubbled over enough.
- While pie cools, clean oven.
Recipe by Art of the Pie at http://artofthepie.com/clean-the-oven-pie/