Author: Kate McDermott-Art of the Pie
- 1 cup of butter or shortening, a mix of half and half is just fine
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2-1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup rice crispy or corn flake cereal
- Cream shortening/butter and sugar and then add eggs and beat with a mixer.
- Sift the dry ingredients (if you like) and add.
- Add the nuts.
- Add the cereal.
- Mix with a spoon.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 350F for 12-15 minutes.
Recipe is based on Pecan Crispies from the Better Homes & Garden Cook Book, 1947 edition.
Recipe by Art of the Pie at http://artofthepie.com/sadies_cookies_2/