A Favorite Salad Dressing
I just had salad from my garden for lunch and it reminded me to share with you a favorite salad dressing. Over decades of gardening I can say that I’ve made my fair share of dressings but I always seem to come back to this one. I play around with the vinegars which is another way to say that I use whatever I have on hand. Here’s some of the beautiful bounty from my summer garden that I drizzled this over. I topped it with a little grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Then Gretapie, Mr Fez and I went outside and they kept me company while I sat under the green and white striped umbrella and ate it every single bite of it. Yup, this is my idea of heaven right here.
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar, good quality balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, depending on how strong you like it
- 1/2 teaspoon Spike seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake well.