How many times I go to bed with the thought, “Tomorrow I will get so much accomplished.” Always hopeful that I will catch up with my list, I feel this exercise has become somewhat humorous and much like watching, Lady, try and catch her own tail when she was young. She’s given that up now. Maybe I should, too.
Today I added:
- Clean refrigerator: It’s amazing how much room is there once the “units of mystery” are removed!
- Organize pantry: Canning season/need more shelf space.
- Reorganize dish cupboards and baking shelves: Can’t resist blue and white dishes from garage sales.
- Clean my desk and office: Desktop? What’s a desktop?
- Re-shelve cookbooks: Use chair for live person rather than large but colorful pile that has accumulated on it.
- Sew a new apron: I love to sew. When was the last time I even sewed on a button?
- Add to Duncan’s homegrown cookbook: It’s been three years since I added any to his requested personal collection.
- Organize the growing piles of culinary magazines and newspapers or take to recycling: TAKE TO RECYCLING…15+ year old magazines will be archived online if needed.
Writing this much of it down is paralyzing. I just know I had more time when Duncan was little. A usual list 20 years ago may have been:
- Go to library
- Snuggle on couch with new picture books
- Bake snack for playgroup
- Pick and process homegrown strawberries
- Harvest veggies from garden and make soup
…and there was still time!
I don’t do a quarter of the things I used to and seem to have less and less time to do the things I do do.
If the saying, “Time flies when you are having fun” is true, then I’m sure having one heck of a lot of it…FUN that is!