2016 Fall & Winter at Art of the Pie®
Art of the Pie® is taught by award-winning pie maker and master teacher Kate McDermott.
Oct 7-10 Upper Crust Baking Camp at Paws Up, Greenough, MT
Nov 11-13 Pie Camp Retreat®, Seattle, SOLD OUT
Saturday Nov 19 9 AMHoliday Pie Workshop, Seattle
Sunday Nov 20 9AM Gluten Free Holiday Pie Workshop, Seattle
Winter Pie Camp® Retreat, Pie Cottage, TBA
More Dates To Be Added
What’s included in an Art of the Pie® Workshop?
- The lifetime skill of how to make and roll the Art of the Pie® dough by hand
- How to make a food processor crust at home
- How to choose great tasting seasonal fruit
- How to make a filling for just about ANY fruit pie
- Tips and tricks to bake up a picture perfect pie to share
- How to create your own recipes!
- A 9″ shallow glass pie pan
- All ingredients, supplies, recipes
- A delicious piece or two of one of Kate’s just baked pies
- A celebratory prosecco toast
- Take home ingredients so you can make another dough as soon as possible
- You will finish class with a your own just baked 9″ pie hot out of the oven or ready to bake at home.
Art of the Pie® Workshops are held at Pie Cottage in Port Angeles, WA and by special arrangement around the world and wherever there are pie makers. Workshops at Pie Cottage are 4+ hours in length and $300
What to bring to your 4+ hour workshop?
A smile…that’s the most important thing!
Click here to read the Fine Print.
“I have made so many pies since participating in your workshop at the pie cottage. You gave me the confidence to make pies for all my friends and family.” –Carolyn H., St George, Utah
More words from participants here.
Pie Cottage Pie Camp® Retreat, Port Angeles, WA
Watch for Winter Dates Soon!
A delicious pie and pastry weekend retreat.
Accommodations and Meals: On your own in Port Angeles, WA.
Pie Cottage, Home of Art of the Pie® (Photo by Leigh Olson)
To start things off, we’ll all gather on Friday evening to meet other pie makers from across the country and enjoy a freshly baked pie made by Kate.
Meet Sweet Gretapie and Mr Fez, too!
On Saturday morning we will make dough and a savory chicken pot pie filling for our lunch. Your afternoon is free to see the sites and enjoy the events on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula, take a walk, or knit for a spell, or maybe even a nap! After supper on your own, you’ll return to Pie Cottage for pie stories, laughter and a “Saturday Night at the Movies” viewing of Waitress or A Few Good Pie Places with popcorn and cocoa.
Sunday morning we’ll make and bake fresh fruit pies to take home.
Contact Kate if would like information on scheduling a private workshop or Pie Cottage Pie Camp® Retreat.*ART OF THE PIE® WORKSHOP and PIE CAMP® FINE PRINT
Due to the unique preparations entailed for workshops, classes and demonstrations, there are no refunds or exchanges for any reason. That time is booked and reserved for you and I cannot recoup lost time or ingredients prepared for your workshop.