2017 at Art of the Pie®
Art of the Pie® is taught by award-winning pie maker and master teacher Kate McDermott.
Saturday Mar 18, Demo Presented by Claremont Pie Festival, Claremont, CA
Saturday Apr 1 Noon Workshop at Pie Cottage, Port Angeles WA, SOLD OUT
May 5-7 Spring Pie Camp® Retreat, Pie Cottage, Port Angeles WA SOLD OUT
Saturday Jun 17 11AM Workshop at Pie Cottage, Port Angeles WA SOLD OUT
Saturday Jul 1 11AM Workshop at Pie Cottage, Port Angeles WA SOLD OUT
Jul 21-23 Summer Pie Camp® Retreat, Pie Cottage, Port Angeles WA SOLD OUT
Saturday Aug 5 11AM Workshop at Pie Cottage, Port Angeles WA SOLD OUT
Sept 22-24 Fall Pie Camp® Retreat, Pie Cottage, Port Angeles WA SOLD OUT
What’s included in an Art of the Pie® Workshop?
- The lifetime skill of how to make and roll the Art of the Pie® dough by hand
- How to make a food processor crust at home
- How to choose great tasting seasonal fruit
- How to make a filling for just about ANY fruit pie
- Tips and tricks to bake up a picture perfect pie to share
- How to create your own recipes!
- A 9″ shallow glass pie pan
- All ingredients, supplies
- A delicious piece or two of one of Kate’s just baked pies
- A celebratory prosecco toast
- Take home ingredients so you can make another dough as soon as possible
- A signed copy of ART OF THE PIE: A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO HOMEMADE CRUSTS, FILLINGS, AND LIFE
- You will finish class with a your own just baked 9″ pie hot out of the oven or ready to bake at home.
Art of the Pie® Workshops are held at Pie Cottage in Port Angeles, WA and by special arrangement elsewhere. Workshops at Pie Cottage are approximately 4.5 hours in length.
2017 Classes are $325
What to bring to your workshop?
A smile…that’s the most important thing!
Click here to read the Fine Print.
“I have made so many pies since participating in your workshop at the pie cottage. You gave me the confidence to make pies for all my friends and family.” –Carolyn H., St George, Utah
Read what graduates have to say about their Art of the Pie experience here.
Pie Cottage Pie Camp® Retreat, Port Angeles, WA
A delicious pie and pastry weekend retreat.
Email me to register.
Pie Cottage, Home of Art of the Pie®
(Photo by Leigh Olson)
“It’s worth the drive/fly you will have so much fun!”—Rosalie B.
To start things off, we’ll gather on Friday evening to meet other pie makers from across the country and enjoy a freshly baked pie made by Kate.
Meet Sweet Gretapie and Mr Fez, too!
On Saturday morning we will make dough and a savory chicken pot pie filling for our lunch. Your afternoon is free to see the sites and enjoy the events on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula, take a walk, or knit for a spell, or maybe even a nap, or have another baking session on whatever you would like to learn! Tarte Tatin, hand pies? The kitchen is open for creative endeavors! After supper on your own, you’ll return to Pie Cottage for pie stories, laughter and a “Saturday Night at the Movies” viewing of Waitress or A Few Good Pie Places with popcorn and cocoa.
Sunday morning we’ll make and bake fresh fruit pies to take home.
Also included is a signed copy of ART OF THE PIE: A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO HOMEMADE CRUSTS, FILLINGS, AND LIFE
Due to the unique preparations entailed for workshops, classes and demonstrations, there are no refunds or exchanges for any reason. That time is booked and reserved for you and I cannot recoup lost time or ingredients prepared for your workshop.