Art of the Pie Workshops & Pie Camp
WORKSHOPS: Art of the Pie is taught by award-winning pie maker and master teacher Kate McDermott. Workshops are 4 to 5 hours in length. Included in each hands-on workshop are all ingredients, recipes, yummy snack and more. You will learn the lifetime skill of how to make the Art of the Pie Crust, seasonal fruit filling, pie lore plus so much more! Each student will finish class with a freshly baked pie just out of the oven or ready to bake at home. Art of the Pie Workshops are held at Pie Cottage in Port Angeles, WA and by special arrangement around the world and wherever there are pie makers. Pie Cottage Workshops are $200* per person. Click here to read the Fine Print.
What to bring to your workshop:
- A Favorite Apron
- An 8”- 9” Pyrex, Metal or Ceramic Pie Pan
(Please no disposable aluminum or really deep 10 – 12” pie pans.)
- A Box or Basket to take your just baked pie home.
- And, a Smile…That’s the Most Important Thing!
Pie A la Road
Wed Mar 26, Danville, CA SOLD OUT
Thu Mar 27, Palo Alto, CA SOLD OUT
Sat Mar 29, Los Angeles SOLD OUT
Sun Mar 30, Los Angeles SOLD OUT
Mon Mar 31, Los Angeles, CA SOLD OUT
Wed Apr 2, Santa Barbara, CA SOLD OUT
Sat Apr 5, San Francisco SOLD OUT
Mon Apr 7, San Francisco SOLD OUT
Sat Apr 26, Pie Cottage in Port Angeles 1 Spot Open!
Sat June 7, Preston, WA SOLD OUT
Dates and Cities TBA
Dates and Cities TBA
Dates Coming soon for Pie A la Road East Coast!
*ART OF THE PIE WORKSHOP FINE PRINT : Due to the unique preparations entailed for workshops, classes and demonstrations, there are no refunds or exchanges for any reason. That time is booked and reserved for you and I cannot recoup lost time or ingredients prepared for your workshop.
PIE CAMP 2014 View the full schedule here.
May 15-19, Pie Camp 2014 Whidbey Island, WA SOLD OUT
Price $1200 *
Join Kate McDermott for the ultimate pie and pastry experience on beautiful Whidbey Island, WA.
Pie Camp attracts pie lovers from all over the country who enjoy getting their hands in dough, baking pies and sharing laughter, stories, and recipes. Whether you are an expert or a beginning pie maker, this 5-day culinary retreat meets all levels of experience. Kate shares with you her skill, secrets, recipes, and deep love of pie making. Pie Camp is full of butter, flour, lard and Love!
- 5 Days/4 Nights Lodging at The Quintessa, a beautiful estate on the south end of Whidbey Island (shared accommodations)
- All Breakfasts, and Catered Lunches and Dinners with Wine
- Baking & Demonstration Sessions, Equipment, Supplies and Tools
- Option to explore the beautiful seaside village of Langley, WA
- Optional beach walks
- Yours to keep? Recipes, pie pan, rolling pin, Art of the Pie Apron, new friends and wonderful memories.
What’s Not Included:
- Transportation to and from The Quintessa, 3493 French Rd, Clinton, WA 98236
Approximately 1.5 hours from SeaTac International Airport.
- 50% of your registration is refundable if cancelled by March 31, 2014.
- No Refund on cancellations after March 31, 2014. This is non-negotiable.
- Tickets are transferable with written notice via email to event coordinator.
And don’t forget October 10-13!
Upper Crust Pie Camp in Greenough, MT