Learn at Art of the Pie Workshops & Pie Camps
WORKSHOPS: Art of the Pie is taught by award-winning pie maker and master teacher Kate McDermott. Workshops are 4 to 5 hours in length. Included in each hands-on workshop are all ingredients, recipes, yummy snack and more. You will learn the lifetime skill of how to make the Art of the Pie Crust, seasonal fruit filling, pie lore plus so much more! Each student will finish class with a freshly baked pie just out of the oven or ready to bake at home. Art of the Pie Workshops are held at Pie Cottage in Port Angeles, WA and by special arrangement around the world and wherever there are pie makers. Click here to read the Fine Print.
- A Favorite Apron
- An 8”- 9” Pyrex, Metal or Ceramic Pie Pan
(Please no disposable aluminum or really deep 10 – 12” pie pans.)
- A Box or Basket to take your just baked pie home.
- And, a Smile…That’s the Most Important Thing!
(Email to be placed on the waiting list or to inquire about scheduling an Art of the Pie workshop at Pie Cottage or in your own kitchen!)
*ART OF THE PIE WORKSHOP FINE PRINT : Due to the unique preparations entailed for workshops, classes and demonstrations, there are no refunds or exchanges for any reason. That time is booked and reserved for you and I cannot recoup lost time or ingredients prepared for your workshop.
“I always thought I was a pretty awesome pie baker, but pie camp really kicked up my game.”
—Frederic M, 2014 Pie Camper
SOLD OUT! May 21-25, Whidbey Island, WA More information here.
$1595 Early Bird Registration through Dec 31, 2014
$1795 Registration after Dec 31, 2014
Join Kate McDermott for the ultimate pie and pastry experience on beautiful Whidbey Island, WA.
Pie Camp attracts pie lovers from all over the country who enjoy getting their hands in dough, baking pies and sharing laughter, stories, and recipes. Whether you are an expert or a beginning pie maker, this 5-day culinary retreat meets all levels of experience. Kate shares with you her skill, secrets, recipes, and deep love of pie making. Pie Camp is full of butter, flour, lard and Love!
- 5 Days/4 Nights Lodging at The Quintessa, a beautiful estate on the south end of Whidbey Island (shared accommodations)
- Breakfasts, most Lunches, and all Catered Dinners
- Baking & Demonstration Sessions, Equipment, Supplies and Tools
- Free time to explore the beautiful seaside village of Langley, WA
- Optional beach walks
- Yours to keep? Recipes, pie pan, rolling pin, Art of the Pie Apron, new friends and wonderful memories.