An extended weekend of food, fun and friends
KATE McDERMOTT’S PIE COTTAGE
in Port Angeles, WA,
Thursday 6pm – Monday 2pm
PIE CAMP is 4-1/2* days of farms, markets, kitchens and baking on the Olympic Peninsula in WA this July. We’ll visit the year-round Farmers Market in Port Angeles and a farm near Sequim. I’ll share with you my favorite recipes, tricks of the trade, my insights and philosophy of pie and we will share our stories of how pie brings us all together. We’ll take field trips to some favorite scenic spots on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula for photo opportunities.
What will we be doing?
- Our camp will start with an informal dinner on Thursday night followed by dessert at Kate’s Pie Cottage.
- We’ll gather each morning at 9AM for coffee, freshly baked goods or frittata, sweet fruit and yogurt.
- We’ll pick berries and cherries, just perfect for PIE!
- Savory pies? Yes! made with local vegetables, meats and seafood.
- Gluten Free Pie Demonstration
- Weather permitting we’ll bake a pie outside in a Dutch oven.
- Pie Picnic in the mountains of Olympic National Park or on the shore at Salt Creek in nearby Joyce.
- We’ll make our farewell pies on Monday and enjoy lunch while they are baking.If you are interested attending this multi-day pie extravaganza, please email directly at artofthepie at gmail dot com for more information and pricing. Scholarship available.