Another Wonderful Year
Another wonderful year is coming to a close, and I feel so blessed. Yesterday, as I was chatting over breakfast with a dear friend who was visiting, we remarked how great it is just to wake up each day! How simple is that? Just to wake up and know that there is a full day ahead to fill with family, friends, work, and play…the latter of which I’m trying to practice more of each year.
Some highlights of this year for me were…
- A year of yoga
- Loosing 25 pounds
- Celebrating my 65th birthday
- A pie potluck or two…or three 😉
- Meetups, visits, and trips with good friends
- Creating a gluten free pie making video series
- A Facebook Live Cook the Book event in North Carolina
- Demonstrating pie making in an online live session at All Recipes
- A trip to Charleston, SC to teach classes, and meeting my 4th cousin while there
- My son Duncan McDermott Graham taking over Art of the Pie Day Camp Workshops
- Making twenty-eight pies as a gift for the wedding of the daughter of good friends
- Buying a plane ticket to Ireland (a trip that will happen in 2019)
- A visit to Pie Cottage from a 1st cousin in my birth family
- Watching the Perseid meteor shower with good friends
- Meeting up with two of my birth family nieces in NYC
- A national book tour for Home Cooking
- Signing the agreement for a third book
- A visit home to Santa Barbara
- And YOU!
2018 has been savory and sweet, and I hope that yours has, too.
Let’s look forward to another year full of many blessings in 2019.
Happy New Year to You and Yours!