For Pi Day 2016
Imagine. Ask. Believe. Receive. These are the big four that we’ve all probably heard. Yes? Many years ago, when I embarked on a new life at the end of a challenging marriage, with all my heart I wanted to accept and believe these words. I wanted to believe that good things could and would come to me by being open to change and that belief worked. At times it’s been hard but I’m still here and smiling in wonder at this amazing career path of teaching pie making that I am so lucky to be able to share with you.
There seems to be little distinction between my life and my work now and I adore it all. At times I have received emails and phone calls from some of you who ask me how I do what I do and if I might have some advice to give because this work looks like so much fun. It is a lot of fun. But it’s a lot of work too, so there are two pieces of advice I give:
- Don’t give up your day job.
- Be prepared to work harder than you ever have before to create your dream job, and then be prepared to work even harder still when you realize that you actually are doing your dream job.
Today, I want to add one more word to the big four. That word is give.
I believe that give is the one action that sets everything else in motion. It’s the key that starts the engine if you will. Today let’s celebrate how endless the number Pi is by opening up our hearts to give and receive love, and sharing it far and wide.
- Imagine the craziest and most wonderful ideas we can.
- Ask that we will be blessed enough to figure out how to make our ideas happen.
- Believe that we will have the wisdom, energy, and desire to keep making our ideas a reality.
- Receive the many blessings and opportunities that come from the fruition of our ideas as they become real.
- Give and share that which we reap from our ideas so we can make room to imagine even more amazing ideas that will make this world a kinder and more gentle place filled with grace, beauty, and love.
Whether giving a pie to a neighbor, a hug to a friend in need, a smile to the next stranger we see on the street, no matter what age, gender, race, or creed—-give to all. All of us are here together and all of us make up a never-ending pie full of love.
Imagine Love. Ask for Love. Believe in Love. Receive Love. Give Love. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat…
…and like Pi, Love goes on forever.