We Need Brownies
Sweet moist and dark
I crave them
I want them
You know you want them, too
So without further ado
Here’s my recipe for you
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Dutch Process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnut meats roughly chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9” x 13” baking pan.
- In a large bowl, crack 4 eggs. Add the cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix with a beater until smooth.
- In a medium small saucepan, add the butter and sugar. Turn the heat to low and stir until the butter is melted and the sugar is combined. Remove from heat.
- Add the hot butter and sugar mixture to the egg and cocoa mixture. With a spoon, stir until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix the flour and baking powder together with a fork or a whisk. Add to the big bowl and stir gently with a spoon until smooth.
- Stir in the optional walnut meats.
- With a rubber or silicon spatula, spread the batter the greased 9” x 13” baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Don’t over cook. It’s ok if comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven. Cool in the pan on a rack.