Gluten Free Vegan Berry Cobbler
Here's a cobbler for those who are gluten free, dairy free, or vegan. I liked it when I made it, and it was great the morning after for breakfast, too.
- 6 cups berries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Stick
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Vegan Egg Replacer
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 400F.
Grease an 8x8x4 (or something close to that size) pan.
In medium bowl, mix the berries, honey, almond extract, and lemon juice. Turn into the greased pan, and heat in the oven while making the topping.
Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar.
Cut in the butter stick until crumbly. I used my fingers. Knives or a pastry blender are fine too.
Add 2 tablespoons water to the egg replacer. Mix and let sit for a minute. It will gel up some.
In a small bowl, mix the coconut milk and egg replacer together with a fork until blended. Add to the crumbly mixture, and mix until just moist.
Spread the dough over the top of the hot berries in plops here and there.
Sprinkle with sugar.
Return to oven and bake for 40 minutes longer.
Serve hot, warm, or cold for breakfast the next morning.