HONEY PEACH BLACKBERRY COBBLER
An easy to make honey sweetened cobbler. It's really good with some vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream on top, too.
- 2 cups 1½ quarts (or about 1.5 L) blackberries, fresh or frozen you can substitute whatever berries you have
- 4 cups peaches, halved, pitted, and sliced, fresh or frozen frozen is fine
- ½ cup (118 ml) honey slightly warmed if solid
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1½ cups (215 g) flour
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (78 g) shortening or butter
- ½ cup (118 ml) milk
- 1 egg fork beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease the ovenproof baking dish.
In a medium size bowl, mix together, peaches, berries, honey, extracts, and juice.
Turn into the greased ovenproof baking dish, and place in the oven to begin to bake while you make the topping.
In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt.
Using your fingertips or two forks, cut in shortening or butter into the dry mixture until there are no big lumps. It’s ok if you have a few pieces that are the size of peas.
Add milk and egg, and stir until just moist.
Remove the pan from the oven, and, with a spoon, put plops of dough over hot filling, and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
Continue to bake at 400°F (205°C) for 35-40 minutes.