Spinach, Onion, and Cheese Quiche
Simple and delicious ingredients make this easy to make quiche a treat for breakfast, lunch, or supper.
- 1 disc dough
- 2 tablespoons 30 g butter
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch spinach trimmed of stems, washed and patted dry
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups 350 ml half and half, or a combination of half milk and half heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup 60 g crumbled goat cheese, or grated Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled red peppers in oil
Par-bake a crust in a tart or shallow pie pan and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a medium-size skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the onions and salt, and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the spinach a handful at a time. Stir it around in the pan until it is wilted and soft. Set aside.
Break the eggs into a medium-size bowl, and fork beat or whisk. Add half and half mixture, and mustard, and whisk again.
Lay the spinach and onion evenly on the bottom of the partially baked tart shell, sprinkle the cheese on top, and pour the egg mixture over.
Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.